The Waco Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship is a premiere, community-based, unopposed program sponsored by one of the nation's best family medicine residency programs and affiliated with Baylor Athletics. Our three main sites provide excellent learning opportunities with a broad-spectrum patient population.
The Waco Family Health Center provides continuity of patient care and a large volume of ultrasound procedures. Southwest Sports Medicine and Orthopedics integrates fellows into a high volume of sports orthopedics and a large outreach program. Baylor Athletics provides a truly unopposed major Division I experience with event coverage and experience with the training room and as a team physician.
Fellows are also team physicians for Waco and University High Schools and McLennan County Community College, and provide mass-event coverage with the Tri-Waco, Waco half Ironman, Bearathon, and Silos Marathon races. Additionally, the fellowship incorporates didactics, workshops, and journal clubs to provide a well-rounded sports medicine curriculum.By the end of the fellowship, our curriculum will train fellows to be excellent team physicians, excel at musculoskeletal ultrasound, easily pass the sports CAQ exam, and go on to have successful sports medicine practices.
- True unopposed NCAA Division I experience at a major university
- High volume of sports orthopedics with a practice that has a vast outreach program
- Large volume of musculoskeletal ultrasound procedures
- Mass participation event coverage throughout the year
- Five primary care sports medicine physicians on faculty to teach and help
- Robust training curriculum
- Generous compensation for conferences, CME, and other educational material