Are you are interested in serving in global health or medical missions setting? Our optional Global Health Diploma Track prepares and mentors residents with the specialized training needed for global health work. We supplement the broad-based training offered by our program with:
- Didactic training modules
- International public health
- Diseases of poverty
- International HIV medicine
- Disaster medicine management
- Cross cultural competency
- International health leadership
- Global Health lectures
- National conferences on global health or medical missions
- One, or preferably two, one-month international medical elective trips
An added bonus of the track: residents who complete the requirements receive funding to offset the expenses of their global health electives. A recent article in the Pulse of Providence highlights the track.
Check out the global footprint of the WFMRP below. Our graduates or residents have served or are currently serving in nearly 40 countries!